All businesses, and many public sector organisations, have or create Intellectual Property (IP) in the form of product designs, brands and inventions.
Our expert IP solicitors can advise upon the creation and appropriate protection of intellectual property rights including trade marks, copyright, design rights and patents, and advise on how to avoid and prepare for disputes.
In many cases IP is a valuable asset that can be exploited through licensing agreements, but to be able to extract that maximum value is dependant on effective identification and protection.
Our solicitors provides clients with full legal support, assisting them in obtaining registrations (in conjunction with patent and trade mark attorneys), negotiating agreements and preventing unauthorised use through litigation and dispute resolution.
Intellectual Property is important for every business, large or small, whether you own a vast portfolio of registered rights or your trading name is the only valuable IP. At Aaron & Partners LLP, we know the importance of brands, designs, inventions, domain names, database rights and copyright. IP is particularly important for brand, design or innovation-led businesses, but even if you do not fall into those categories, the chances are that IP still plays a major part in your business, whether you know it or not! That is why every company needs to make the right choices when it comes to IP. In many cases, we can make a real difference to your operations.
We focus on IP advice, commercial contracts, disputes and litigation to help you protect, enhance and exploit your IP. In particular, we can:
- negotiate and prepare licensing deals to enable others to use your brand, technology or designs or to enable you to use brands, technologies or designs belonging to others
- bring real IP expertise to bear in the context of venture capital, corporate finance and M&A deals
- prepare non-disclosure agreements to help you share your ideas
- conduct patent disputes
- conduct trade mark and passing off disputes
- help you to stop others copying your designs
- help you stop any unjustified threats of action and take action to prevent the continuation of such threat
In addition we provide additional support and advice in relation to IT and E-commerce. Click here for details.