Areas of expertise
- Contract terms and policies
- Complex grievances and disciplinaries
- Large-scale restructuring and redundancies
- Employment Tribunal advocacy
Claire studied Law, Human Resource Management and Japanese at Keele University. She completed her studies at the College of Law in Chester before joining Burnetts in Carlisle for her two year training contract.
In 2004, Claire moved to a Middlesbrough Employment Law Practice before returning to the North West to join Aaron & Partners LLP, in July 2005 and became a Partner in June 2009.
Claire advises a wide range of employer clients on all aspects of employment law; from recruitment and during the employment relationship, through to complex dismissals and Respondent Employment Tribunal representation.
Claire has expertise in the fields of contractual terms and policies, human resource issues and in particular regularly advises clients regarding sensitive and/or complex grievance and disciplinary matters. Claire also advises clients regarding TUPE and redundancies (including collective consultation), having earlier this year advised a national retailer on collective redundancies and changes to pay and working hours for 4,000 staff spread over 57 sites.
Claire is an Employment Tribunal advocate winning one of the first Tribunal cases on age discrimination. She has also successfully defended large employers in Tribunal claims. Claire has also acted for employers in multi claimant cases, the most recent of which resulted in all claimants withdrawing their claims without any financial settlement or compensation offered.
Claire regularly assists with the production of the Firm’s Employment Law updates and writes features for the GP magazine. She is also an active public speaker and has presented at national conferences and carries out both external and in-house training courses on topical Employment Law issues.
When Claire is not helping her clients to manage their workforce effectively she enjoys ballroom dancing and growing her own vegetables in her allotment.
Memberships and Appointments
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Representative of the Chester and North Wales Incorporated Law Society
- Age Concern North East Wales – Social Enterprise Committee and volunteer
- Chair of Cheshire Witches (Women In Touch With Claire House Children’s Hospice) and volunteer
- Professional Speakers Association