Directors’ Duties & Corporate Governance
Being a director of a company carries significant responsibilities. In some cases, that can mean taking personal liability when the company’s activities are called into question.
Preparing a legal framework to protect the assets of companies’ and their directors from unexpected legal issues requires professional guidance from lawyers with expertise in this complex field.
Beware of Unintended Consequences
We provide guidance and support to directors and boards from all kinds of companies.
Areas of Expertise:
- Advising directors of companies with financial difficulties on their duties on how to avoid personal liability if a company were to go bust
- Advising directors in deadlocked companies as to their rights to information and to be involved in the company’s affairs
- Advising directors of insolvent companies who have taken drawings on account of dividends that have ultimately not been forthcoming
- How to avoid or put an end to conflicts of interest in relation to projects outside the company
- Pursuing directors who breach their duties on behalf of the company
- Pursuing claims against directors on behalf of shareholders where there has been questionable conduct by the directors (known as derivative actions)
Work Without Fear of Retribution
We help directors understand their legal responsibilities and potential liabilities, and provide practical advice as to how they can discharge those responsibilities while avoiding personal accountability.
Safe in the knowledge that you have experienced professionals on hand to advise on your obligations and responsibilities, you are free to focus on running your company.
Partner & Head of Corporate & Commercial
Find a Service Area