Intellectual property (IP) is a key business asset that should be protected and used to maximise income streams for your business. Whether you own a vast portfolio of registered rights or your trading name is your only valuable IP, in order to extract the optimum value from your intellectual property, you must have effective, legally-based identification protection and strategy.
Use IP for Commercial Success
Our IP solicitors know the importance of your brand, designs, inventions, domain names, database rights and copyright material to the commercial accomplishments of your business. And we also know that many businesses are not fully aware of just how essential IP is to their success.
We focus on IP advice that is tailored to your circumstances, helping you protect, enhance and exploit your intellectual property.
Areas of Expertise:
- Bring real IP expertise in matters such as venture capital, corporate finance and Mergers & Acquisitions deals
- Conduct patent, trademark and passing off disputes on your behalf
- Help you apply measures to stop others copying your designs
- Help you prevent any unjustified threats of action and take steps to prevent the continuation of such threats
- Negotiate and prepare licensing deals that will enable others to use you brand, technology or designs or allow you to use IP belonging to others
- Prepare non-disclosure agreements that will help you share your ideas
- Provide additional support and advice in relation to IT and e-commerce
Great Ideas Need a Great Solicitor
Our expert IP solicitors in Chester and Shrewsbury can provide advice on the creation of intellectual property as well as how it can be protected by.
Areas of Expertise:
- Design rights
We can also help you put measures in place to avoid, prepare for and resolve disputes. Our legal support includes assistance with obtaining registrations (in conjunction with patent and trademark attorneys), negotiating agreements and preventing unauthorised use.
Partner & Head of Corporate & Commercial