Corporate & Commercial Assistant Solicitor
About Aaron & Partners LLP
We are a Top 200 law firm with offices in Chester and Shrewsbury and more than 20 recommendations from the two main independent legal directories, Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners.
We pride ourselves on providing high quality, results focused legal advice through a dedicated partner-led service. Much of the work we undertake is ‘bespoke’, requiring unique solutions to unique problem and a breadth of commercial understanding and appreciation.
The firm positively encourages solicitors at all levels to take on as much responsibility as they are comfortable with. We want individuals who are keen to build and broaden their technical abilities, whilst at the same time developing client-facing and marketing skills and we will provide the support and training you needed to do this.
The firm is growing, ambitious and constantly evolving – and we expect the same from our solicitors.
About the Team
Our highly regarded Corporate & Commercial team has an enviable reputation and is highly ranked in the independent legal guide The Legal 500.
Details can be found at https://www.aaronandpartners.com/business/corporate-commercial/
What we are looking for
Currently a corporate and/or finance and/or commercial contracts solicitor, qualified to practice as a solicitor in England and Wales with between 2 to 5 years of PQE of Co/Co work (after deducting time on maternity or paternity leave or sabbaticals) and a commendation or distinction in LPC.
Ability and willingness to do corporate / finance work AND commercial contracts work
Must have at least three of the following
- Taken lead role on at least one corporate finance transaction (with a value of £500k or more)
- Taken lead role on at least one banking transaction (acting for bank or borrower in relation to acquisition finance)
- Taken lead role on at least one major commercial contract negotiation
- Experience of working on corporate restructuring / reorganisations
- Experience of drafting and negotiating international or cross border commercial contracts
- Experience of working on venture capital / private equity investments
- Trained and qualified at a commercial law firm in a major city
- Second class or higher degree from Russell Group or equivalent standard University
You will be a confident person and an excellent communicator with a good level of commerciality and mathematical ability.
You must have a willingness to participate in business development and therefore possess first class client facing skills.
Driving licence and own vehicle required.
Hours of work & Benefits
This position is a full time position with normal working hours being from 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday at either our Chester or Shrewsbury offices.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including 5 weeks holiday annually, pension scheme, health cashback plan, parking scheme, death in service benefit and more.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally and without discrimination.
The position is available to start immediately.
Please send your CV to [email protected] quoting reference CCF171