Minister of Religion Visa T2 (Tier 2)
The Minister of Religion category is for an individual that has a key leading role within their faith-based organisation or a religious order in the UK.
The category will apply to EU, EEA, and Swiss nationals that are not already residing in the UK by 31st December 2020.
What are the main requirements?
You must have a confirmed job offer as a minister of religion, missionary, or member of a religious order in the UK before applying under this category and must show that you:
- are applying for a visa to work for a faith-based organisation in the UK employer that is an approved sponsor and holds a sponsor licence in the relevant category
- have been assigned a Certificate of Sponsorship by your sponsor
- have personal savings to support yourself and any dependents in the UK
- meet the English language requirement
- Duration of stay in the UK
You will initially be granted a visa for up to 3 years and 1 month or the duration specified on your Certificate of Sponsorship plus 14 days, whichever is shorter. You can apply to extend your visa from within the UK.
You may be able to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK once you have completed 5 years residence in the UK.
Applying in this category
Your application is submitted online whether you are applying from outside the UK, applying from within the UK to extend your visa, or switching to this category from within the UK.
You can include your partner and dependent children in your application for permission to stay with you.
Business Immigration Partner