Close menu
bottom curve image

This category is for migrants that are working overseas for a business and wish to work for their employer’s UK office. There must be a link between the office overseas and the UK office.

Contact Our Business Immigration Team

There are current 2 types of Intra-company visa.

What is an intra-company transfer visa?

This category replaced the T2 (Tier 2) (ICT) Long-term Staff visa. You will need to have worked for your employer for more than 12 months before the date of your application, unless your annual salary in the UK will be £73,900 or more.

What is an intra-company graduate trainee visa?

This category replaced the T2 (Tier 2) (ICT) Graduate Trainee visa. It is for overseas staff being transferred to the UK as part of the graduate training programme for a managerial or specialist role. You will need to have worked for your employer for a minimum period of 3 months before the date of the application.

What are the main requirements?

You will normally qualify for a visa under this category if you are able to show that:

  • You have been working overseas for the organisation for the relevant period
  • The organisation is an approved sponsor by the Home Office under the relevant category
  • Have been assigned a Certificate of Sponsorship by the employer
  • Are applying to work in the UK for a job that is on the list of eligible occupations
  • Will be paid the minimum salary required under the category you are applying

How long can you stay in the UK?

The duration you are permitted to stay in the UK depends on the category of your visa. You will not be entitled to apply for indefinite leave to remain upon completing 5 years residence in the UK in this category.

Intra-company transfer visa

The duration of residence permitted in this category depends on your salary and any previous time spent in the UK as an ICT migrant. You can remain in the UK for:

  • 5 years in any given 6-year period if your annual salary is less than £73,900
  • 9 years in any given 10-year period if your annual salary is £73,900 or more

You may extend or apply for another visa under this category provided you do not exceed the maximum period of stay permitted in this category.

Intra-company graduate trainee visa

You can remain in the UK as an Intra-company Graduate Trainee migrant for whichever is shorter of:

  • 12 months
  • The period your CoS is issued for plus 14 days
  • The duration that takes you to the maximum time permitted in the category

You are not able to extend your visa from within the UK; however, you may re-apply under this category from outside of the UK. You must have worked for your employer overseas for at least 3 months immediate before the date of your application.

How do you apply in this category?

Your application is submitted online whether you are applying from outside the UK, applying from within the UK to extend your visa, or switching to this category from within the UK

You can include your partner and dependent children in your application for permission to stay with you.

Speak to our business immigration experts

If you are exploring your options for a visa or require international business advice, our highly experienced solicitors will assist you in exploring all your options. We advise businesses and individuals, including executives and senior management teams on all aspects of business immigration including visas. You can get in touch by completing the form below.

Click here to view our Business Immigration Services Pricing

Key Contact

Adam Haines

Adam Haines

Employment Law and Business Immigration Partner

Adam is a partner and specialist employment lawyer with experience advising on all aspects of employment law from the beginning to the end of the employment relationship and business immigration.

arrow icon