Insurance Dispute Resolution
Having solid insurance protection should provide business owners with the peace of mind that if a claim is ever brought against you, you would be covered.
But around 15 percent of all insurance claims are declined by insurers every year.
Reasons for declining a claim may include:
- Failing to pay the amount due to the insurer
- Failing to tell the insurer about something it subsequently decides should have been disclosed
- Failing to tell your insurer about a change in circumstances
- Not sticking to all the conditions in your policy
- The claim is not covered by your policy
- The event being excluded from the policy by an exclusion clause
Once an insurer has decided they are not going to pay out on a policy, it can be a tough battle to persuade them otherwise. The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) is on hand to assist in disputes with your insurer, but only if you’re an individual or small business. Larger businesses are not covered by the FOS.
Our experienced insurance dispute team has advised many clients over the past three decades. We’ve taken action against insurance companies over their refusal to pay out on many types of insurance policy – and with a high degree of success.
Areas of Expertise:
- Persuading an insurer to pay out on a client’s vehicle insurance after a near fatal collision
- Persuading an insurer to underpin a client’s premises after it had spent years refusing to do so
- Succeeding in the Court of Appeal over an insurer’s refusal to pay out on a client’s insurance for bad debt
If you’re a broker with a dispute, talk to our specialist solicitors. We work with brokers all over the UK to get the best outcome possible for their clients. Our firm is highly regarded within the insurance brokers industry as we strive to find a resolution quickly, saving clients’ money, time and stress.
Any business that takes out insurance is potentially at risk of having an insurance based dispute. If it happens to you, our experienced solicitors will work closely with you to resolve the dispute.
Partner & Head of Dispute Resolution & Insolvency