We have a strong reputation for our work in advising on waste regulation and management and related environmental law.
It is of course well known that this is a highly regulated environment. With the help of our team, however, you can maximise the value of your land, reassured by the knowledge that all aspects of compliance and risk management have been skilfully addressed.
Creating value out of waste
With a team including members of the Chartered Institute of Waste Management, we are able to advise on all aspects of the production, carriage, handling, treatment and disposal of wastes. If you are a landowner, Aaron & Partners’ in-depth knowledge of the waste industry’s legal implications can enable you to maximise the value of your land.
- All aspects of nuisance
- Contaminated land
- Contracts and terms of business
- Duty of care and waste carriers
- Environmental permitting and exemptions (including PPC, end of life vehicles, water discharge consents, waste management, hazardous waste and clinical waste)
- End of waste tests
- Energy from waste
- Environmental damage and liability
- Judicial review of Environment Agency and local authority decisions
- Landfill tax and the formation of approved environmental bodies
- Leases and land ownership issues
- Managing and defending regulatory actions (including investigations, interviews under caution, prosecutions and civil penalties)
- Packaging waste
- Planning and planning enforcement issues
- Specialist due diligence
- Site waste management plans
- Transport and vehicle issues
Senior Associate Solicitor