Settlement Agreements for Employers
For any employer in Shrewsbury, it’s important to have an understanding of when it may be the right time to offer an employee a settlement agreement.
Equally, should an employee ever approach you to request a settlement agreement, it may be that you’ll require expert legal advice on how to best respond.
What is a Settlement Agreement?
Settlement agreements are legally binding contracts between an employer and employee (or former employee) to settle any claim/s or potential claim/s with agreed upon terms.
To ensure the validity of a settlement agreement, it must be recorded in writing, as well as referencing particular complaints or proceedings. Additionally, the employee must access their own independent legal advice before they sign the agreement.
How can we help?
Our dedicated employment law solicitors possess vast experience in this area, and specialise in the drafting and negotiating of settlement agreements, helping businesses in Shrewsbury to protect their interests.
Areas of Expertise:
- Drafting settlement agreements to offer to employees
- Negotiating settlement agreement terms with the other party
- Providing specific advice and support for your particular circumstances
- Offering response and advice on any settlement agreement offer received from employees
- Reviewing settlement agreements and ensuring you understand all terms before signing
Download our Employment Law Factsheet to Discover More…