Proposed changes to Statutory Benefits payments
16th January, 2020
Earlier this month the Department for Work and Pensions has proposed increases to the following statutory benefits.
From the 6 April 2020:-
- Statutory Sick Pay will be £95.85 (up from £94.25).
From the 7 April 2020:-
- Statutory Maternity Pay and maternity allowance will be £151.20 (up from £148.68).
- Statutory Paternity Pay will be £151.20 (up from £148.68).
- Statutory Shared Parental Pay will be £151.20 (up from £148.68).
- Statutory Adoption Pay will be £151.20 (up from £148.68).
Tips for Employers
- Make sure your family friendly policies are up to date with current legislation and explain employee entitlements to Statutory Payments.
- Inform all employees how to access these policies or who to contact regarding eligibility for these payments.
- Ensure your systems are up to date to reflect the changes.
- Agree and maintain an appropriate level of contact with employees whilst off work to ensure compliance with the relevant legislation.
If you would like advice or guidance on Statutory Payments or any family friendly employment related matter please do not hesitate to contact our Claire Brook at [email protected] or by direct dial to 01244 405 575.
You might also be interested in...
9th May, 2022
Chester-based law firm Aaron & Partners will host delegates from all over the world in its home city... Read More »