Insolvency and Restructuring Solicitors Chester, Shrewsbury & Manchester
Our team comprises dedicated restructuring and insolvency specialists. With decades of collective experience we can guide you through all aspects and stages of financial distress.
We will work with you to identify practical solutions. You can rely on us to provide clear, succinct and commercial advice.
Where needed we can call upon specialists from our property, corporate/banking and employment departments.
Areas of Expertise:
- Winding up petitions / bankruptcy petitions / statutory demands
- Guiding you through the procedures to best protect your position
- Enforcing personal guarantees
- Free of charge service assisting creditors with proofs of debt and proxy forms
For more information on how we can assist with Creditor Services, click here:
- Advising directors of companies undergoing financial distress, to minimise the scope for potential challenge
- Working as part of your adviser team to identify and deliver bespoke solutions
- Helping your company respond to winding up petitions (including injunctions and validation orders)
- Exploring whether new legislative measures may help to preserve your company: moratorium, restructuring plan
- Defending directors against claims made by liquidators and administrators
- Advising on all aspects of director disqualification
- Setting up new businesses
- Assisting purchasers of assets from distressed companies
- Advising liquidators / administrators on the sale of insolvent businesses and assets
- Explaining the relevant insolvency procedures and their implications for your situation
- Negotiating with creditors
- Negotiating with trustees in bankruptcy
- Advising on possible annulment applications
Our work for Insolvency Practitioners:
We have valued relationships with insolvency practitioners across the country and regularly act for them in realising assets and with the myriad of issues which arise.
We often work alongside them in the period leading up to formal insolvency, helping directors and business owners understand the options and delivering the best outcome for stakeholders.
Our litigation work includes both routine applications and a number of complex and high value actions up to Supreme Court level.
In recent years we have been sought out by a number of insolvency practitioners to represent them in investigations by regulators and disciplinary proceedings, and in handling queries which arise during monitoring visits. We blend technical insolvency knowledge with experience in professional disciplinary procedure to best present these reputationally sensitive, high stakes cases.
Get in touch for a free of charge, no obligation initial discussion.