About Adam Haines
Adam is a partner and specialist employment lawyer with experience advising on all aspects of employment law from the beginning to the end of the employment relationship.
Adam’s practice has a focus on senior executives and complex terminations, business restructuring, TUPE /outsourcing, discrimination and whistleblowing claims. He has worked extensively in the private sector with businesses of all sizes from SMEs, multi-nationals to PLCs.
Adam advises a wide range of clients in the technology, housing association, financial, manufacturing, transport, charities, pharmaceutical and media sector. In addition, Adam has appeared in employment tribunal on behalf of clients in complex multi-day hearings.
Examples of his recent work include:
- Advising a multi-national manufacturing company on breach of restrictive covenants by a senior director. Successfully negotiating undertakings to prevent a High Court Injunction.
- Advising both a national food manufacturing company and pharmaceutical business on the termination of their MD.
- Regularly assisting a manufacturing company on the negotiation of TUPE terms in commercial contracts.
- Successfully advising a charity on a collective redundancy process resulting in a significant reduction in the number of compulsory redundancies.
- Advising a provider of technology products on an investigation in to a senior director of a recently acquired fintech company.
- Successfully negotiating a multi-million-pound settlement package for an exiting MD.
Outside of work Adam loves spending time with his wife and 2 years old daughter. However, when time permits, he has a love of sport. He frequently plays hockey, golf and tennis and is a Committee Member of Bowdon Hockey Club.