Real Estate Partner01244 405409 / 07595 778364
About Iwan Williams
Iwan is Property Development Solicitor and part of the Commercial Property Team at Aaron & Partners. Iwan joined the firm in 2016 and was promoted to Partner in 2019. He is experienced in all aspects of commercial property work, but focuses on property development.
Iwan acts for commercial and residential developers; landowners, and funders on site assembly, forward funding and sale arrangements, conditional contracts, development agreements, infrastructure agreements, development finance and pre-let agreements. Iwan is a specialist in strategic assembly work, including promotion agreements, options, collaboration agreements and contractual joint ventures.
Iwan advises on all manner of development projects acting on the acquisition, funding and delivery of significant residential and mixed-use schemes, as well as hotels, health centres, and business parks to name a few. Iwan has a particular focus on residential development, and leads the team acting for housebuilders on the delivery and disposal of their development sites to housing associations, PRS providers, and open market purchasers.
Alongside his Property Development practice, Iwan acts for owner-occupiers and investors on the purchase and sale of multi-let industrial and commercial sites.
Iwan’s recent experience includes:
- Acting for Edenstone Homes Limited on the purchase of a 23-hectare development site off the A40 at Ross-on Wye on phased basis for the building of at least 300 homes, and the sale of 101 houses at that development on a forward sub-sale basis to a registered provider (edenstonehomes.com)
- Advising Edenstone on their 35-acre development site at Cwmrhydyceirw, Morriston for the building of circa 300 homes built-out on a joint venture basis, including the sale of houses on golden brick terms to housing associations and PRS providers
- Acting for Parkfield Homes on all aspects of the development of their Llangefni residential site for circa 130 homes with the assistance of the Development Bank of Wales (parkfieldhomes.com)
- Acting for a Care Home on the sale of their development site at Wilmslow, which included a conditional sale and lease back with a standalone agreement to carry out works
- Advising landowners on a promotion agreement for the promotion and development of a 90 acre site in Winwick, and advising the same landowners on a collaboration agreement following a promotion agreement for their 67 acre residential development site in Rainhill, St Helens
- Advising a family in relation to the exchange of contracts, conditional on planning and release of pre-existing overage with Lovells in relation to a site in Weston (lovell.co.uk)
- Project managing a development finance transaction for the re-development of a Liverpool Care Home
- Acted for the Spurstow Group on the sale of the multi-let Tremarl Industrial estate for £3m+ to North West Industrial Estates Ltd (legatowen.co.uk)
- Acting for the Thomas Plant Hire Group on the purchase of the 18 acre former Richard Hough site, Mill Hill for in excess of £3m and retained to deal with the letting of the site and its partial and on-going re-development
- Represented a Chester based property investment company on the sale of their multi-let Industrial Estate, with the transaction taken from instruction to completion in 5 weeks.
- Acting for UK Caravans Direct on their £3.6m+ purchase of Bron-y-Wendon Holiday Park (dailypost.co.uk)
Iwan is valued for his technical, commercial and pragmatic approach and always strives to provide commercially-focused solutions. His clients appreciate his approachability, and clear advice that he provides. Iwan is very much an outcome-focused solicitor.
The Legal500 recognise that ‘Iwan has been advising clients on some large, high value development schemes. He has good attention to detail.’
Iwan is a fluent Welsh speaker and regularly provides written and oral advice in Welsh.