Settlement Agreements for Employers
As an employer, you need to understand when it may be the right time to offer your employee a settlement agreement.
Alternatively, if you’re approached by an employee requesting a settlement agreement, you may require legal advice on what to do next.
What is a Settlement Agreement?
A settlement agreement is a legally binding contract between employers and employees (or former employees) to settle claims and potential claims on agreed terms.
For a settlement agreement to be valid it must be in writing, and should reflect to a particular complaint or proceedings. The employee must obtain independent legal advice before signing it.
How can we help?
Our experienced, dedicated employment law solicitors specialise in drafting and negotiating settlement agreements to suit your needs.
Areas of Expertise:
- Drafting a settlement agreement to offer your employee
- Negotiating the terms of the settlement agreement with the other party
- Providing tailored advice to your specific circumstances
- Responding and advising on a settlement agreement offer received from an employee
- Reviewing and advising on a settlement agreement, making sure you understand the terms before signing
Partner & Head of Employment Law
Download our ‘Settlement Agreements’ Leaflet Here.