Settlement Agreements for Employers
As an employer, you need to understand when it may be the right time to offer your employee a settlement agreement.
Alternatively, if you’re approached by an employee requesting a settlement agreement, you may require legal advice on what to do next.
What is a Settlement Agreement?
A settlement agreement is a legally binding contract between employers and employees (or former employees) to settle claims and potential claims on agreed terms.
For a settlement agreement to be valid it must be in writing, and should reflect to a particular complaint or proceedings. The employee must obtain independent legal advice before signing it.
How can we help?
Our experienced, dedicated employment law solicitors in Chester & Shrewsbury specialise in drafting and negotiating settlement agreements to suit your needs.
Areas of Expertise:
- Drafting a settlement agreement to offer your employee
- Negotiating the terms of the settlement agreement with the other party
- Providing tailored advice to your specific circumstances
- Responding and advising on a settlement agreement offer received from an employee
- Reviewing and advising on a settlement agreement, making sure you understand the terms before signing
Partner & Head of Employment Law
Download our ‘Settlement Agreements’ Leaflet Here.