This route is for HNW (High Net Worth) individuals wanting to make a substantial financial investment in the UK.
What are the main requirements?
You must be aged 18 or over to apply under this category. You must show that:
- you have at least £2,000,000 to invest in the UK
- the funds belong to either you, your spouse, unmarried partner, or same sex-partner, and are available to invest in the UK
- you have an account in the UK at a regulated financial institution
Duration of stay in the UK
You will normally be granted leave to enter the UK for a maximum duration of 3 years and 4 months. You will need to apply to extend your visa for a further 2 years prior to the expiry of your visa.
You can apply to settle in the UK:
- after 2 years if you invest £10 million
- after 3 years if you invest £5 million
- after 5 years if you invest £2 million
Applying in this category
Your application is submitted online whether you are applying from outside the UK, applying to extend your visa, or applying to switch to this category from within the UK.
You can include your partner and dependent children in your application for permission to stay with you.
Business Immigration Partner