Chester 01244 405 555

Grosvenor Court
Foregate Street Chester
Cheshire CH1 1HG
DX: 19990 Chester


Shrewsbury 01743 443043

Lakeside House
Oxon Business Park
Shrewsbury SY3 5HJ
DX: 148563 Shrewsbury 14

Slide e

Airport City, Manchester 0161 537 3324

Offices 204 and 205
Manchester Business Park
3000 Aviator Way
Manchester M22 5TG

Business Immigration Solicitors Aaron and Partners

Religious Worker Visa (Tier 5)

The Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Religious Worker visa is for individuals that want to come to the UK to perform religious activities by working in a religious order or performing non-pastoral duties for a religious organisation.

What are the main requirements?

You can apply under this category if you have been issued a Certificate of Sponsorship by an approved sponsor to perform religious activities in a non-pastoral role for a religious organisation or religious order. You will need to show that:

  • you have been assigned a CoS by the approved sponsor to work in this category
  • you have sufficient funds to support yourself and any family members also applying to accompany you to the UK
  • Duration of stay in the UK

You will initially be granted a visa for up to 24 months or the duration specified on your Certificate of Sponsorship plus 14 days.
You may be able to extend your visa from within the UK as long as the total duration does not exceed 24 months.
This category does not lead to settlement in the UK.

Applying in this category

Your application is submitted online whether you are applying from outside the UK or applying from within the UK to extend your visa.
You can include your partner and dependent children in your application for permission to stay with you.

Speak to an expert

01244 405 555

Download our Pricing Guide for Business Immigration Services.


Contact Us