Employment law is increasingly complex, with legislation changing on a regular basis.
Employers face increasing responsibilities, with ever harsher penalties for non-compliance. At the same time, many HR teams find themselves having to do more with less as budgets are cut and resources are stretched. Employees need to be alive to how changes in the legislative framework could affect their individual roles and obligations.
A reputation you can rely on
Our specialist Employment team is recommended in both Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners, the two leading independent guides to the legal profession. Advising SMEs, PLCs, local authorities and not-for-profit and charitable organisations as well as senior executives, our lawyers have the experience and insights to deliver proactive commercial advice to help you achieve your objectives.
Whether you’re looking for strategic guidance on a group restructuring, pay evaluation redundancies, or just practical and responsive knowledge on day-to-day HR issues, we can provide bespoke advice promptly and efficiently, protecting your interests and helping you achieve your objectives.
Areas of Expertise:
- Absence and performance management
- Agency workers, apprentices and other irregular working arrangements, such as consultants
- Anti-Bribery and corruption
- Business transfers, acquisitions, disposals and TUPE
- Confidential information, restrictive covenants and business protection
- Contracts, policies and procedures
- Disciplinary, dismissal and grievance issues
- Employee privacy and data protection
- Employment status enquiries by HMRC
- Employment tribunal representation
- Executive service agreements and exits
- Independent investigations
- Mediation to resolve problems in the workplace
- Redundancy, collective consultation and organisational change
- Protecting confidential information, restrictive covenants and business protection
- Trade union recognition, collective agreements and disputes
- Tribunal mediation if there is a claim
Advice that’s tailored to your needs
Commercially minded and proactive in our approach, we understand that every client has different requirements. That’s why, as well as ‘traditional’ fee structures, we offer a range of products and services tailored solutions to suit your needs.
We can provide a tailored retainer service, with or without insurance, together with a 24-hour helpline and high level corporate/TUPE support on mergers and acquisitions.
Our team also includes two qualified workplace and employment mediators, so we’re ideally positioned to help resolve any workplace disputes without the need for formal proceedings.
Whatever your needs, with one of the strongest employment teams in the North West, Shropshire and surrounding areas by your side, you can be safe in the knowledge that you’re receiving the best possible advice and support, allowing you to address any issues from the outset and avoid costly litigation where possible.
Partner & Head of Employment Law
Download our Employment Law Factsheet to Discover More…
Download our Pricing Guide for Employers Receiving Wrongful or Unfair Dismissal Claims.
Find a Service Area