16th July, 2014
Consumer Protection Guidance For Lettings Professionals
The Competition and Markets Authority (“CMA”) has published guidance for lettings agents and residential landlords to help them comply with consumer law in connection with the private rental sector.
The key points to some are:-
• Ensure landlords and tenants know what your charges are;
• Use clear and accurate advertising;
• Give tenants clear information before they move in;
• Deal fairly with people and do not seek to rely on unfair contract terms;
• Carry out repairs and other services promptly using reasonable care and skill;
• Explain clearly to tenants how to end a tenancy.
You might also be interested in...
22nd November, 2022
With a growing labour shortage in the UK, it is becoming more prevalent for UK businesses to begin... Read More »
18th November, 2022
With the 2022 FIFA World Cup just around the corner, and a month of football ahead, our employment... Read More »