Consumer Protection Guidance For Lettings Professionals
16th July, 2014
The Competition and Markets Authority (“CMA”) has published guidance for lettings agents and residential landlords to help them comply with consumer law in connection with the private rental sector.
The key points to some are:-
• Ensure landlords and tenants know what your charges are;
• Use clear and accurate advertising;
• Give tenants clear information before they move in;
• Deal fairly with people and do not seek to rely on unfair contract terms;
• Carry out repairs and other services promptly using reasonable care and skill;
• Explain clearly to tenants how to end a tenancy.
You might also be interested in...
9th August, 2018
We have been approached by a number of clients who have received a statutory demand, either personally or to their company, and they have asked us what to do about it. One business was contacted by a company demanding payment of a debt owed under a contract for TV advertising in a shopping mall. We presume – but... Read More »
3rd August, 2018
Agriculture and Estates specialist Ben Brassington has strengthened the services offered by Top 200 legal firm Aaron & Partners LLP A dairy farmer with more than 18 years’ experience as a Partner in his family’s farming business has been appointed by a top legal firm in Shrewsbury. Ben Brassington, who has also been working for several years as... Read More »