Consumer Protection Guidance For Lettings Professionals
16th July, 2014
The Competition and Markets Authority (“CMA”) has published guidance for lettings agents and residential landlords to help them comply with consumer law in connection with the private rental sector.
The key points to some are:-
• Ensure landlords and tenants know what your charges are;
• Use clear and accurate advertising;
• Give tenants clear information before they move in;
• Deal fairly with people and do not seek to rely on unfair contract terms;
• Carry out repairs and other services promptly using reasonable care and skill;
• Explain clearly to tenants how to end a tenancy.
You might also be interested in...
23rd January, 2020
In the recent case of Kim Beaney v Highways England and others, Miss Beaney (the “Claimant”) was awarded... Read More »
22nd January, 2020
The Acceptance in Lieu Scheme aims to allow tax efficient gifts of works of art to the nation.... Read More »