Consumer Protection Guidance For Lettings Professionals
16th July, 2014
The Competition and Markets Authority (“CMA”) has published guidance for lettings agents and residential landlords to help them comply with consumer law in connection with the private rental sector.
The key points to some are:-
• Ensure landlords and tenants know what your charges are;
• Use clear and accurate advertising;
• Give tenants clear information before they move in;
• Deal fairly with people and do not seek to rely on unfair contract terms;
• Carry out repairs and other services promptly using reasonable care and skill;
• Explain clearly to tenants how to end a tenancy.
You might also be interested in...
16th November, 2018
It is reported that a quarter of all complaints dealt with by the Legal Ombudsman revolve around costs. Therefore to avoid complaints and confusion, it is important to be clear from the outset. The new Transparency Rules (which the SRA have now confirmed will come into effect on 6 December 2018) require that accurate and relevant information is... Read More »
5th November, 2018
Aaron & Partners LLP has once again seen improved rankings in The Legal 500 – a comprehensive guide... Read More »
10th October, 2018
In the lead up to World Mental Health Day on 10 October 2018, we have been posting a series of short articles discussing mental health and stress in the workplace. In this final article, we will be providing tips, to employers and employees, for managing stress and dealing with mental ill health in the workplace. Click here to... Read More »